The Affiliate Cup is coming to Clinch Valley!
When: March 12th – March 26th
*Workouts will be held on Friday March 12th, 19th, 26th during all classes
Who: All CV Members
What: Fitness, Fun, and Friendly Competition! See below for all details.
Cost: FREE! You may purchase an optional $20 team t-shirt
Click HERE to sign-up. Registration deadline is Feb. 12th.
How the Affiliate Cup works:
* The Affiliate Cup is a fun new way to participate in the CrossFit Open! We would love to have everyone join in on the fun. If you would like to purchase a team t-shirt, please include your t-shirt size on the sign-up sheet. You do not need to register for the Open to participate.
* Once registered, we will place you on a team with CV members and a coach. Each team will be designated by a specific color. Teams will receive their team shirt/color before March 12th.
* Over a three-week period, CrossFit HQ will release three classic and accessible workouts that can be performed by participants of any ability level. There will be limited equipment and bodyweight options. Each week, on Thursday night, the weekly workout will be announced. The first workout will be announced on Thursday, March 11th.
* On Friday, we will host morning classes only. (This includes Noon). This will be the first opportunity to receive points for your team!
* Team members will also have the opportunity to earn additional points for their team – see below.
You earn 1 Point for:
1. Doing the Open workout in class on Friday (5:30am, 6:30am, 7:30am, 12pm)
2. Judging someone in class on Friday (you must first pass the CrossFit Judges Course. Register HERE.)
3. Posting your score to Wodify or by posting a workout selfie to our “CV Family” Facebook page.
4. Wearing your team color in class
You earn 2 Points for:
1. Doing the Open workout at Friday Night Lights
2. Judging someone at Friday Night Lights (you must pass the CrossFit Judges Course. Register HERE.)
3. Wearing your team color at Friday Night Lights
4. Bringing a friend to spectate at Friday Night Lights
At the end of the Open, we will tally up all the points and determine the winner and see who claims bragging rights for the year. Now let’s get to some questions you may have!
So glad you asked! Friday Night Lights is a weekly event that will be held on Friday evenings during the Open. The gym will be set up with a competition-style format and CV Athletes will compete in a series of heats with specified movement standards and a judge.
Absolutely not! Whether you place first in the world or you just started this week, these 3 weeks are designed for uniting our CV Family with fitness and fun. Your score, RX’d or Scaled, will not determine anything within the Affiliate Cup.
If you came to a morning class wearing your team’s color, judged your buddy during Heat 1 of your class, dominated the workout in Heat 2, and then took a selfie afterwards, you’re sitting on 4 points before breakfast! You come back during the evening and do the workout AGAIN in your team color, judged someone in a separate heat, and brought your Grandma to watch you go unbroken on the Thrusters, you’re sitting on a 12 point day!
Absolutely it does and you could even get more! Because judges are usually what we need most during the Open, we will not cap how many potential points you could earn. It takes a warrior to hold a clipboard, tally Deadlifts, say “No Rep” when someone doesn’t stand all the way up. You are appreciated and your team will receive points for each athlete you judge!
After the workout is released on Thursday night, a Google sheet will be made available immediately. Heat slots will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Food Trucks will be available!